Thank you for considering joining our team. At Design Centered Co. we are always on the lookout for talented professionals with experience working in design and innovation. If you’re interested in leveraging your skills as a UX Designer and want to facilitate clients deliver value through exceptional products and services, then you’re in the right place.
This opportunity invites UX Designers to join our candidate pool. What that means is that the next time, which may be very soon, we are seeking someone to join a project team or when we’re looking to expand our in-house capacity, we will review the best candidates from the pool first. So submitting your application gives you a headstart.
Design Centered Co. is a boutique design and innovation consulting firm that enables organizations guide their impact. We bring value by delivering solutions that are impact driven, human-centered, and evidenced based within the policy, technology, and ecosystem context in which our clients operate. We work across public, private, and social sectors and are guided by Impact Centered Design as our core methodology.
Foremost we’re looking for individuals who love what they do and are committed to excellence and collaboration. Our goal is not to find unicorns but to grow a thriving community of passionate, professional people. If that sounds good to you, then the following are the skills and experience we hope you’ll bring to our team:
- 3-5 years of consistent professional experience in the design field, with at least 2 years experience working directly as a UX Designer.
- Exceptional storytelling skills using artifacts from the Designers Toolkit, including personas, journey maps, prototypes, etc.
- Strong understanding of accessibility and usability, both as a practice and in the context of being able to conduct research to guide better user experience design.
- Portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
- A degree and/or professional certification in User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Human-Centered Design and/or equivalent professional work experience.
- Experience delivering value across the design lifecycle including research, ideation, prototyping, testing and implementation.
- Exceptional communication skills and comfortable presenting in individual and group settings.
- Demonstrated understanding of building web and native mobile experiences
- Proficiency with using design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Mockflow, Miro, et al.
- A valid work permit to work in Canada, if you’re not a Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Bonus points if you have:
- Prior experience with the Canadian Federal Government.
- Active security clearance to work for the Canadian Federal Government
- Bilingual (French and English)
How to Apply
Easy! Send us your resume, of course, and include a link to your portfolio or examples of your best work. Also, please attach a cover letter to give us the opportunity to really get a sense of how cool you are and how we can not afford to overlook your application. Now all that’s left is to click the button below and attach your documents.